Wednesday, January 5, 2011

~ "The warmth of love..."


Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. (Ps 40:4)

Yesterday after I finished the post, the heat pump in my house decided it had done enough work in it's lifetime and quit. It got rather cold in here, rather quickly. I did my morning prayers, reminding God (like he needs reminding) of my financial situation and asking him for help. I've gotten to a point in my walk with him that I know he will provide for my needs, yet I still can become a bit "cranky" over some of the obstacles placed on that path. I went to work not knowing how or when I would be able to get the furnace fixed or what I was going to to do keep warm last night. I asked one of the guys I work with if he perhaps had a space heater I could borrow until I can get it fixed. He offered me firewood.

When I took my break, I texted my son, an old and dear friend, and my friend Sandy (my admin assistant on my Facebook page for I talk...God listens). They all sent back messages, but Sandy sends me back a text "PTL!" I laughed out loud as I remembered the verse in 1 Peter 4:12 "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you"...rejoice in all things!!!

When I finally got home last night, this man met me here. I thought it was strange that he drove his car instead of his truck to deliver firewood. As he stepped out, he reached into his back seat and pulled out a 1500 Watt Infrared Heater (that can heat up to 1500 square feet). He had called his pastor and explained my dilemma and his church purchased a brand new heater for me to use until I can get the heat fixed! When I called this preacher to thank him, he told me no thanks were necessary, and offered me Psalm 40! Here in lies today's message!

When we put our trust in God, we can find strength in his promises. When we ask for only what we "need", he will pour out more blessings than we deserve or even expect. He has met my needs and then some! Just like the steps I took to get to this point in my life (most of them hard), he continues to remind me that all things are under his control. There is nothing he sets before me that I cannot overcome, provided I put my trust in him!

The attitude of "humility" before him is what he asks of us. The joy we experience when he answers a prayer is the same joy we are asked to display when a trial is thrown onto our path! Rejoice in it! Thank him for it and know that you are blessed!

(Suggested Scripture reading for 1/5/11: Gen 11, Job 1)