Thursday, January 20, 2011

~ ...

And Jesus looking on them said, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)

Right now, my mind is totally blank. My thoughts on this morning's post were interrupted and I'm sure that Satan is sitting back laughing. He takes every opportunity to discourage us and break us down. We need to remember that he may have success for a moment, but the ultimate victory belongs to God!

Sometimes, just when I think I've managed to pull myself up out of the pain of my past, it comes back very slyly and creates a new wound in my heart. Today's verse is the very essence of what I'm feeling. When I think on God's promise to me, my mind will tell me "impossible ~ so many things have to happen in order for that promise to be fulfilled." I become discouraged and sometimes just want to utter the last two words of total defeat.

Unfortunately, at this moment, I cannot even begin to find words. Knowing that all things are possible with God brings me to the point of asking myself if what I prayed for, what I've been "promised", is really what I want. And maybe that's what the Lord is trying to show me.

I know this is not my "usual" devotional. Today I'm asking that you pray for me. I'm asking that the Lord will show me, without hesitation, if what I've been praying for is truly what he wants for me, because right now, I just don't know anymore.