Thursday, January 27, 2011

~ "There is no time like the present to accept the present..."


These things said he: and after that he said to them, Our friend Lazarus sleeps; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. (John 11:11)

People we love die. The memories of the time we've spent with them can sometimes become permanently etched in our minds. We can remember certain moments more vividly than others and over time, some of those memories fade. Knowing that they are in a "better place" is sometimes the only comfort we have. Our own selfishness in wanting them here with us, for what ever reason, tends to compound our grief, especially when they have not lived what we consider to be a full life.

We have many little "quotes" that we use to eulogize those wonderful and special souls. We will say that "only the good die young", or that "we have an angel looking down on us". I have many "angels" who have gone on from this world, and some of them never even had the opportunity to finish high school. Their lives on earth were finished and God called them home.

In my book, I wrote of two very special young ladies whose lives crossed my path. I am forever grateful to God for the time spent with them. I have glad that I could call them "friends" then, and a joy does fill my soul when I remember those moments.

God has a plan for each of us, just as he did for Lazarus. Jesus raised him from the dead, he brought him back to life. We, too, will die and we, too, we will be raised again. We will meet our Creator and all the worries and sorrows of this world will be finished. There is no greater joy than knowing that in the end, a promise will be fulfilled! Jesus saw to that! He took on all of our sins and paid the price - all we have to do is have faith and believe. Believing in what Jesus did for us, truly accepting it, changes you. The choices you make are seen through different eyes than the ones you once saw the world through. Everything you involve yourself in, every facet of your existence is changed. You begin to live as Jesus would have you live. Some submit to his will early on in life, others when they are old and gray, and some never get there. Accepting the will of God into your life and all that goes with it can be challenging. It can cost you more than you ever would have imagined - but it is most assuredly worth it! For myself, had I not walked the path laid before me, I would not have a relationship with God. He gave me many opportunities to fall to my knees and accept Christ into my heart - and I refused. I turned away from him and ignored his invitation.

Don't let another day go by without telling him you love him and without completely giving yourself over to his care! Better yet, don't let another moment go by! Hit your knees right here and now and ask him in. Ask him to awaken in you the power of the Holy Spirit and fulfill your destiny in a most powerful way. Share his Word with others. Pray that the remainder of your life here on earth will be the life he wants for you, not the one you want for yourself. Whatever you were will be forgiven, and you will have the opportunity to spend your eternity with him! Knowing that God has something truly spectacular in mind for you, I urge you to humble yourself to his calling. Yes, you!!! Answer his call now ~ a wonderful gift awaits you!

{Selected Scripture for January 27, 2011 - Gen 24)