Monday, January 31, 2011

~ "Not included..."


Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: over these the second death hath no power; but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Rev 20:6)

In scrolling through my newsfeed on Facebook this morning, I noticed an event that I am not included in - actually, I don't think I was ever included in it. If, at one time, I was, it was done so as an afterthought. It bothers me. I'm sure it would bother you.

Much of my life was spent as the "tag-along", the one that was not really included in things, but out of pity or compelled by a parent or guilt, others often had me along for the ride. Being outside the circle is not a fun place to be. When your contributions are not acknowledged, when your intelligence and your gifts are not appreciated and passed over, when your ideas are not enthusiastically received and then carried out by someone else - it causes a pain, unlike any other. It's the pain of rejection.

I am a person, a human being created by God with many good and likable qualities. I have talents and skills that others may or may not have, and I have some that are unique to me. I have abilities that cannot be measured in human terms. I also have something many may never have.

In the Book of Revelation, John tells us that we, those who have accepted and humbled ourselves to the power of God and allowed Jesus to work through us by the Holy Spirit, will be included! We will not be left out, be second guessed or be there simply because some one feels sorry for us. We will be there because we are his! We have been claimed and acknowledge as children of the King! The "hurts" of this world will fall away and all we will see will be HIM!!!

Today I am part of that inner circle - the one that includes me even though I am a sinner, even though I am not perfect...I am part of that circle because I am a sinner! I belong to the body of Christ and with that comes a responsibility and a reward. Both are much more desirable than any of the circles of this life. That's not to say that I still do not want to be part of the human inclusion, I do...it just doesn't seem to matter as much anymore.

Hold tight to your faith and believe that you will be cared for, watched over and included! Give to God the praises that belong to him, give your heart and soul to the Lord and thank him for everything. Remember, we could not cherish our inclusion in his kingdom as much as we do, if we had not faced rejection or exclusion that this life has given us.