Monday, November 15, 2010

~ "We can't have church, till the Holy Ghost shows up..."


For Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit (! Peter 3:18)

Last Sunday evening, one of our youth suggested that we be on fire for God! I think his prayer was answered last night!

The thought that came across my mind was "I wish I had had the courage to stand before a group of people and tell all the things the Lord had done for me and how blessed I was when I was their age" and immediately following that thought came "... unless you become as little children".

The praise and testimony of our youth often carries more weight than they are given credit for! They have yet to be poisoned with the temptations and trappings of this world (to the extent that adults have been - simply because they have not be around as long) and they still have the capacity to love unconditionally. They have the opportunity to see what we have struggled with and how much better THEIR lives will be by learning from our mistakes. They sing, they lift their hands in praise without hesitation, they love and they honor God in such a way that I hang my head in my own shame. I want to be like them! I want to have a heart that is as open and joyful as theirs is, even when their world is coming down on top of them. I want that simple joy that they possess!

Knowing that God works miracles every day I'm alive may be just what I need to give me the courage to be "like a child". I am a sinner. I have been since the day I was born! And I will continue to be a sinner right up to the time he takes me home! I'm forgiven. I will make every effort to walk in his ways! Knowing that my needs will be met, that my Father in heaven is not going to leave me stranded here on earth, brings me to a place in life where I can be a child again! He will make a way for me to continue on doing what I do and doing it where I do it! I have no doubt! So I will continue to praise and worship my King and hopefully the life I build on his foundation will be of gold, silver and precious stones and not wood, hay and stubble (1 Cor 3:12).

Find the child in you today! Praise him like you did that day you realized you were his child! Don't let the enemy drain you of your joy and love for him! He's worth much more than the best of the best! He set the bar so high that no one could measure up - but all can pass through!