Sunday, November 14, 2010

~ "I refuse..."


Why shouldest thou be as a man astonied, as a mighty man [that] cannot save? yet thou, O LORD, [art] in the midst of us, and we are called by thy name; leave us not. (Jer 14:9)

Our Father in heaven has interrupted my morning post to bring you a very special announcement. I don't always "hear" the voice of my Creator, but when he very boldly gives me a message, I humble myself to it!

We all have feelings. We all (hopefully) want to be better today than we were yesterday. We struggle, we crawl, we climb, we cry, we laugh, we regret, we want, we live and we die. The images of our pain come crawling back to us in the dead of night. The mistakes we've made haunt us. The hurt we've caused others paralyzes us. The worldly desires that we struggle to let go of become the very chains that bind us. The "image" we want to portray to the world, the wanting to be in the spotlight, draws us away from our real calling. The one God chose specifically for us.

Some people will never open their eyes and see "the plan". Their jealousy cuts both ways. Not only does it hurt the one who is jealous, but it damages to the point of obsession the one they are jealous of! I don't have to worry about anyone stealing my thunder today, but I never really did ~ I never considered myself someone anyone would be jealous of. Everything I do is done for God's glory - not mine! He gives me the inspiration and let's me share the spotlight for a brief moment or two and then I step out. I sit and I watch others trying to "find themselves" ~ I'm very blessed - I know who I am and in what direction the Lord is leading me because I was open to receive his gift. I accepted it on his terms, not mine! To "be still" requires us to be patient. He will open the right door at the right time. Modest and clean living, devotion, simple as opposed to extravagant, focusing on what you have and being satisfied with it are all attributes of a Christian. Bigger and better comes in the next life!

Stop trying to outdo the guy next to you! Don't "vulturistically" look to take someone else's spotlight ~ find your own, answer YOUR calling, not the one someone thought was theirs and threw by the side of the road! Chances are they left it there for a good reason! Refuse to be anything but what God calls you to be!