Sunday, November 21, 2010

~ "Voice of Truth..."


Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid...(Matt 28:10)

The phrase "be not afraid" is used in the Bible some 365 times. Often when we embark on a new chapter in our lives, we become afraid, often terrified! We do have a traveling companion who will ensure that all our needs are met, all our worries will subside and a guarantee that he won't leave us!

God's plan for us is ever unfolding. Just when we think we are at the end of the journey, he has us pack up and head to the next destination, reminding us all the time that the final destination is with him. He asks us to go where he sends us; he'll work out the details ~ as I've come to see again and again.

"The Voice of Truth says 'do not be afraid', and the Voice of Truth says 'this is for my glory', out of all the voices calling out to me, I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth". Whether we are walking on the water or on a crowded city street; be it a giant we overcome or our own private demons, Jesus leads the way and all we do is for HIS glory!

The path he is leading me down now will put me some 600 miles from where I currently am. I will leave my friends and my home, once again, at his design, not mine. When God opens a door, who are we to slam it shut in his face? Although it will put me far away from the mountains of Tennessee, I will, as I've just realized, still be in the same mountains - just a little further north. I will be 600 miles from my friends, but within 80 miles of all of my children. If you've read my book, you know the love I have for them. God has seen fit to answer my prayer and in February, I will be relocating to Pennsylvania. Suffice to say that my son's "post" had to do with prayers being answered and my one daughter's "comment" was that "God has a plan!" Maybe I am beginning to rub off on them after all!

My heart is loaded with mixed emotions but my soul is peaceful! When I walk the walk he lays before me, how can I possibly be "afraid" of anything? Besides, if Paul could write from a prison cell, I can do it from a townhouse in Lansdale, PA.

God never closes a door on the faithful without opening a window. And his timing, as usual, is perfect!