Saturday, November 27, 2010

~ "One Little Lighthouse and the Faith of a Mustard Seed..."


For with God nothing shall be impossible. (Luke 1:37)

How amazing is God? He created an entire universe from nothing, he filled a large rock with vegetation, water and fish, and roaming creatures, he created a man and a woman to share in the joys of life, and when they disobeyed him, he made a way for their heirs to inherit eternal life, he sent a part of himself to the earth to keep a promise, he continues to give us what we need to maintain life on this planet and he will send his son back to get us! And here we sit, afraid to have the faith in him that he wants us to have! He always works out the details. If he's told you he'll take care of it, why then do you worry?

One prayer. One request that has been promised me and in that time of waiting I become frustrated, I "second guess" his intent, sometimes I even "doubt" that which I know to be true. God speaks to us in many ways. He answers our prayers and he does, from time to time, give us "signs" to help secure our faith in him. His love changes us, making us into the person he needs us to be ~ IF we are willing to accept those changes. He also needs us to keep our hands OUT of his work sometimes! He doesn't need us to help him ~ he can do it all by himself, when it's his time! Whatever God has planned for me is not going to be gained by deception. Any interference from me could seriously undermine his plan. It is not my place to "physically" remedy certain situations. My job is to PRAY!!! There are many things at work in order for the "plan" to unfold. I am but one piece of it! Patience is a virtue I do not possess, but I am getting better at it!

Elisabeth was far beyond her years to conceive a child, yet she did! And not only did she give birth to a son called "John", she gave birth to one who would fulfill scripture, prepare the way for the Messiah who would, in turn, open the door to eternal life! That's pretty amazing!

Hold tight to your promises from God. Pray for the strength to continue to walk in his ways, pray for those who he's laid it on your heart to pray for, and let him work the plan he has for you! Be patient and be faithful! Don't give up on him...he never gave up on you!