Wednesday, September 10, 2014

~ "Joy, peace and hope..."

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." (Romans 15:13)

A prayer uttered without fully understanding the words, is meaningless.  Being raised Catholic, there were many written prayers that I did not understand, yet was required to "pray" them.  It is only now, decades later, that these prayers actually make some sense.

I have, in this moment, been filled with a joy and peace that only comes from believing.  Knowing that the Lord "has my back" so to speak, and knowing that he loves me and wants me to continue to share his word and my testimony, fills me with unspeakable joy.  The power of the Holy Spirit come to me each morning and through that power, I am able to pass on a bit of what is revealed to me as I continue my walk.

There are days when the enemy tries to tarnish that joy.  There are days when he wants to disturb my peace.  There are days that he wants to extinguish my hope.  He cannot touch the power of the Holy Spirit!  He cannot take anything that comes from God away from me.

When you are secure in your faith, and living the life you've been chosen to live, there is nothing that can separate you from God's love but you!  Plant your feet firmly in the soil of the Kingdom - plant your feet firmly in Jesus!  God will fill you with joy and peace and the hope that comes to you through his Holy Spirit!