Friday, July 19, 2013

~ "Our Father's love..."

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (Matthew 6:34)

I have a select number of extremely close and understanding friends.  Some I have had for many, many years, some for just a few, some I've not yet met (in person, that is).  They each have special gifts.  Some are listeners, some are advisers, and some just make me laugh.  They do not judge me.  They encourage me to continue to move forward.  They remind me that God has a bigger plan than this life.  

My life right now, as I mentioned last week, consists of sleeping and working, with little time left for anything else.  They continue to hold me in prayer and ask God to enlighten me.  Some days that is easier said than done.  Our human design causes us to reach for a better day, a brighter day.  "Maybe tomorrow will be better" is a phrase that often comes across our lips.  Matthew reminds us (as Phyllis reminded me) that each day has a sufficient amount of evil in it.  There are always temptations and there is always evil (for now, anyway).  In Jeremiah 5:26, we are also reminded that there are evil people in the world as well.  People just waiting to pounce on their prey.  The only thing that can protect us from all this evil is the one, righteous man who freed us from our sins and the sins of others...Jesus!

I hold Him close to my heart.  I struggle to find my way back to what I know to be true.  I continue to walk the steps of the drunk (two steps forward - three backward) in my feeble attempt to be obedient.  He knows my pain.  He knows your pain.  He will NEVER be too far away to hear your pleas.  He has your best interest at heart.  

Don't allow the enemy to take what is rightfully yours.  Don't allow hate and lies to infiltrate your world.  Be honest and open, but remember that people lie.  Trust God and His angels for they are the only ones who truly "have your back".  Forgive and move forward, all while praising God through the rough patches.  He has not forgotten you, has not betrayed you, has not left you - He's right there with you waiting for you to ask for strength to do what it is He has for you to do.  Don't doubt that - for that, so often, is all you really have - that guaranteed love from your Father above!