Saturday, July 13, 2013

~ "A new day in HIS hands..."

Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sits on the throne shall dwell among them. (Rev 6:15)

He shall dwell among them...what an awesome thought! To not only be in the presence of my God, my Creator, my Master - but to have Him right there - for me to see!!! We see the wonderful miracles that are God everyday - in each thing created - from the tiny insects to the sun and the stars - to gaze upon His face will not even compare to any of the wonders we have been privileged to enjoy!

Right now, I am sitting at a kitchen table...the first day off I've had since the 4th (and the few days before that I was "ill"). I've been in Pennsylvania since March of 2011. The joy of seeing the faces of my loved ones these past 2 1/2 years has been, for the most part, a blessing I can't describe. There are times, though, that I long for the comfort of the "southern hospitality" I came to know and love.  Reading today's verse (the first in a long time) I can only imagine the feeling when I finally get to meet Jesus and my God! 

It will only be one day off before another stint of long days begins again. Spending time with family gives me the opportunity to laugh a little; to hold me over until the next respite comes. It makes me pause and praise God once again. I am tired and worn out, exhausted and apprehensive - yet every day I manage to say a few words to my heavenly Father (not always a praise, not always a thank you - but I still manage just the same).

God's blessings continue to come, in spite of our human compulsion to sin. His forgiveness is constant and His presence is felt no matter where you are. He opens our eyes to what pleases Him and what He finds distasteful on a daily basis (and often we fail to walk away out of fear and lack of trust in Him - which is kind of where I am right now). He helps us to hold on and find our footing when we are sliding on the ice and in danger of falling. He understands the temptations of the enemy and reminds us of a day when there will be no more. Perseverance and faith become the most prevalent of all our tools to battle Satan. Our strength comes from God and from knowing the victory that lies ahead of us. We can't lose; yet we are terrified of what may lie ahead in our mortal life if we choose to let go of what we KNOW He's telling us to let go of (very confusing to be in my head right now, so I remind you, once again - GOD HAS A PLAN!!!)

Let God's love for you continue to warm your heart and light your way! Let Him change in you what he needs to change for your reconciliation with Him to be complete! Allow Him to open a door that no other being can open and offer you that perfect gift! Accept it now, cherish it now and move into the next day with a confidence ~ a day filled with mercy and grace! Move into His new day for you!