Saturday, December 1, 2012

~ "Blessings upon blessings..."


For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. (Matt 23:12).

I have often written (and been told even more) that everything is on time - God's time!  He teaches us patience through his word and as history will show us, all things are on time.  Our Heavenly Father does not delay one minute longer than is necessary and very often does not rush in and give us exactly what we want when we want it.  He does, however, give us all that we need when we need it the most.  

The last year of my life has been a series of changes.  I'd have to say that all of them have been for the better.  Every blessing that has unfolded has been carefully scripted to arrive just as I needed it and with a power so great that there is no doubt whatsoever that the blessing has come from him.  I walk, this December, into a new chapter of my life.  Many would say that this blessing is long over due, that I have most definitely "earned" it.  And therein lies the "rub".  Blessings are a gift from God.  Remember, we are owed nothing.  What we deserve is certainly not what we receive (all due to his mercy and grace).  I take every blessing with praise and thanksgiving!

For a few months, some my friends have had the distinct honor of listening to me cry and encouraging me to stay strong.  We often need those people round us more than we realize.  They lift us up in our time of need and they lift us up when we are at our best.  They are always there for us, no matter what!  The same is true of Jesus.  He is there through everything we encounter.  He understands and does not abandon us.  We owe a multitude to his undying love for us.  

Today, and everyday, lift up your praises to the Father.  Remember that nothing touches us that has not passed through his hands first...that includes the blessings as well!