Tuesday, November 6, 2012

~ "Voted..."


And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles. (Acts 1:26)

Well, as you can see, voting has been around for centuries.  The eleven remaining apostles "voted" for Matthias to replace Judas as the twelfth apostle.  They didn't stay home, they didn't forget and they didn't make excuses.  I'm sure that their "candidate" was a lot easier to "read" than those we have the opportunity to elect, but they did what they were called to do.

I don't take stock in the campaign slamming, nor do I really listen to the debates.  I find them to be unbelievably slanted and uninformative.  I read both candidates handouts, did a little research on my own and cast my ballot for the one man I think will best lead this country over the next four years.  

We are called, as Christians to "pray for one another" on a daily basis.  We should also have on that prayer list we read every morning, those in high offices.  From the President right on down to the Township Committeeman, we should be praying for their sound decisions, their continued strength and good health and that our Heavenly Father will bless them in ways that are beneficial to this country as a whole.  

Don't get caught up in the "who's who" of candidates - vote based on the issues and sound information (and not the crap you read on any social networking site).  Make informed choices and decide which of those candidates best represents what it is you want to see happen over the next four years.  Pray for which ever candidate wins this election as opposed to slamming him for the next four years (if it wasn't your candidate who is elected).  Respect the Office of the President - respect the MAN who sits in that office (yes, I know - I'm making a point) and respect this country!  And no, I am not political in any way, shape or form, but when it comes to my "rights" as a citizen of the United States, I am proud to exercise those rights - one of them is to vote!  

Just as God knows your heart, he knows the heart of all people. He has a plan that goes far beyond the boundaries of your front yard.  It is a plan for each and a plan for all.  Just as he guides your life, he guides the lives of others as well.  Continue to pray for whoever is elected, whether it's your candidate or not.  God has seen all that will happen until the end of time - Jesus is still coming and we will still get to spend eternity in his kingdom!!!