Monday, July 23, 2012

~ "Sorry, that number is not in service..."

Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” (John 6:28-29)

To believe in Jesus is to believe in everything he did while on earth, It means to believe that he was conceived through the power of God and the Holy Spirit and was born of a virgin. It means to believe that what he preached while on the earth is, in fact, God's word. It is to believe that he truly is the Son of God and that his death on the cross opened the gates of heaven. It is to believe that he wants all of us to follow him and walk in his ways. 

What happens to us when we continue to say "no" to Christ's calling? Does he eventually give up and go away? Apparently not, because here I sit, writing this message. 

I've said "no" more times than I care to remember. I've said and done things I wished I had not. I've made mistakes and gone down paths that are not of God. He still called me. He calls me everyday. He tells me to be a witness to his power. He calls me to tell others about him. My life is his. We are not all called to him in the same way. Some of us are called to be the quiet, simple Christians. Some are called to be the dynamic speakers and preachers of his word. And some, like me, are called to give testimony to the grace and mercy that he delivers to us sinners, no matter what the sin. 

I believe in Jesus! His blood sets me free from the fires of hell. His resurrection reminds me that my soul will never die and that his love will continue to lift me up and hold me up when I call on him. Believe in the miracles that happen in your life every day and don't write them off as "coincidence" - God deals in absolutes! Speak to the rock and you will receive the water of life! Praise him and he will deliver you from all that binds you!