Thursday, July 5, 2012

~ "May I have your attention please..."

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Matt 3:17).

Imagine if you will, John baptizing the crowds. One after another they come to him to be 'born again' - he's told them about the man who will come after him, who will "baptize with the Holy Spirit". I'm sure his followers were taken off guard with that comment!

Then, here comes Jesus. Free of sin and pure in heart and mind! And he approaches John for baptism! A man whose sandals he is not "fit to remove" has come to him! 

Jesus comes to us everyday - we are not fit to remove his sandals either! He comes to us asking us to follow him; to spread his word. He tells us not to be afraid, to trust in him. He will guide our steps.

On the days when its hard to get out of bed and drag my weary bones to this table, I ask God for strength. I ask him to help me stay focused on him and to inspire me with the words he wants you to hear. He told the crowd how much he loved his son, so they would know how blessed they were when he died on the cross. He tells us to spread that same message! Every day God puts people in my life to remind me how blessed I am! Some of them are people I know, and some are total strangers in the store (one of them was behind me in line yesterday morning and pretended to know me, then proceeded to tell me he was "blessed" when I asked how he was). There are always acknowledgements from God, we just need to be able to recognize them. He hears and he answers our prayers! Put the focus on him and all things will fall into place, maybe not the way you'd like them to, but their place just the same.

Today I choose to walk in the light - how about you?