Tuesday, April 19, 2011

~ "When God has another plan..."


Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. (James 2:18)

Well, I wrote this and waited for the photo to upload -- and guess what - the computer shut down and all that remained was the photo. God has a plan, and apparently it was for that message not to be posted. So, I will start again...

I had begun with the fact that faith is not an science, but it is "exact". In all that we do in our walk upon the earth, God has a purpose. Be it in our job, our family, those we meet or even having to rewrite a post - His ultimate challenge to us is to have faith in Him! To believe is not to see, but to experience and "know". Like Thomas and his disbelief until seeing, we are blessed that we can believe and be in awe of that belief! In the same manner, our faith is not just believing in what we have not seen, it is the culmination of all things (what has been told to us by others, what we "feel" and what we know to be the word of God). You cannot expect to experience faith in something or someone if you haven't got a clue as to what it is you are supposed to be experiencing. In the same way you cannot know what it is to be "drunk" (unless you've been drunk), you cannot expect to know Jesus unless you take a chance to get to know him, intimately!!!

You can read, you can study, you can debate the existence, but you cannot dispute the fact that I believe! You will never convince me that you are right and I am wrong, simply because I walk by faith - faith in God, faith in Jesus and faith in the Holy Spirit (who guides and enlightens me). That doesn't make me ignorant, it makes me blessed!

If you let go of the fact-finding studies and obsession with disproving the existence of God, you are left with only faith. There must be a theory in order for it to be disproved. Jesus is not a theory! He is a man who came to earth with a sole purpose. He is real, he did die and he did rise from the dead in order to fulfill God's covenant with all people. I accept gravity at face value because it is absolute. I dispute Darwin's theory of evolution for two reasons: because it is not absolute and because of one book - the Bible. Countless books and decades of research have come into being because of first thirty-one sentences written in that one book!

I do not feel the need to debate my belief in God. I don't owe an explanation of why I believe or what I believe to anyone. I am, however, obligated to offer to my readers the opportunity to get to know the Creator; to have a relationship with Jesus and to introduce them to the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus has lifted me up out of the sewer and placed that burden on my heart. My ex tells me "you have everything"...he's right - I have everlasting life in Jesus - what more could I possibly need???