Monday, April 25, 2011

~ "Well, that puts a different spin on it..."


Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. (James 5:8)

I spent my weekend cooking and watching the miniseries "Jesus of Nazareth". When I first watched it, many years ago, before I was as well-versed in the scripture as I am now, I was fascinated at the production. This weekend, I saw the errors and flaws. No, I am not taking on a new job as movie critic, but I was able to see the "Hollywood" as opposed to the truth. Sometimes I think that can be said for a lot of things we watch.

There is no substitution for the Bible. God's word in man's hand...a love letter to you! It should be the most read book in your possession. Unlike other books I own, I can re-read this and find something new every time. God's word has withstood the test of time. I used to hate history, I could never see the purpose to learning what happened a thousand years ago on the other side of the world. I love the history in Bible, how the stories of Daniel, David, Ruth and Esther (and many more) are told. The power of God in all their lives. I love the wisdom of Solomon and the Psalms of Praise. I love the law and the prophecy written there and the fulfillment of them from Matthew through Jude. I love that God has given us yet a final prophecy through Revelation. I love that He opens my eyes to what will come. What part will I play in all of this? What part will you play?

Get rid of the false gods in your life - all of them! Depend on the Lord, do His work, answer His call. He will lead you and provide for you. He will show you the way if you let him!