Wednesday, April 20, 2011

~ "For my sisters in Christ..."


Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. (Prov 31:29)

God always lets us know if we're on the right track. My last few days have been spent beating back Satan and his band of demons. He gives me the words I need to defend my faith but he also places people in my life to assure me I am still doing what I'm supposed to be doing and all while doing it in his good graces!

There are a few women in my life that are there simply because God has placed them there. They possess knowledge that I do not. One of those women has the unconscionable task of listening to my rants while I think out loud. One of them often provides much needed feedback and reassurances. One of them passes on my prayer requests to my home church in Tennessee. To say that my strength comes from the Lord is an understatement. In all that I do, and sometimes I do more than I realize, He is there, guiding me. He has sent these women to help me, to lift me up and to share a part of their lives with me that offers me more validation and satisfaction than I could have imagined. God speaks to me through them at times and I don't tell them often enough how blessed I am to have them in my life.

Through laughter and tears, they listen. They pray. They love. These are women I have come to know in the past four years. Their faith in God and their knowledge of His word never ceases to amaze me. They walk in the light, not through it or around it, not under it or over it ~ qualities I find very appealing and desire to have. They do not gossip, nor do they judge. They offer all that they have in terms of support whenever I need. They are never too busy to talk and don't forget to call me back. They know what words I need to hear and how I need to hear them, but it's not instinct, per se, that they possess, they are actually a channel through which the Holy Spirit speaks.

Always be listening for God to speak to you. His spirit will enlighten those around you to get his message to you. Keep good, Godly people in your life always! They aren't there for anything you have or could give them - they are there, like my friends, because God has placed them there. Do not hesitate to reach out to them when you are in need spiritually. You'll be amazed and blessed both at the same time. Don't wish that you had "met them sooner" - you have met them at just the right time - God's time!

(In a more personal note, which is not something I generally do - I could never thank you enough for being part of my life, nor could I ever thank God enough for bringing you into it - to SW, KS and LR - I love you - God has blessed me greatly!)