Monday, August 11, 2014

~ "A generation of peace..."

"For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.  And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?" (1 Peter 3:12-13)

God is constantly watching over His people.  It was been written throughout the Bible and throughout the history of the world.  It's not something that I question.  To me, it is fact - to others, it is luck, it is "reaching", it is coincidence.

My faith in God tells me that He will not desert those who believe.  He never has.  From the time Noah and his family stepped into the ark, He has not left his faithful followers to fend for themselves.  He will not do it now, either.  As I read the headlines of newspapers carrying the stories of the fighting in Israel, I cannot help but smile, knowing that He continues to protect His people and that the words written by Peter and others, still ring true.

Where do you stand when it comes to what God tells us, what Jesus teaches us?  What "side" do you fall on?  Do you stand with those who condemn, or with those who the eyes of the Lord are over?