Sunday, November 24, 2013

~ "I've been going through some changes..."

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galations 5:19-21)

I've been out of work for over 3 months now and I am finally at a point where I can sleep without nightmares.  I am grateful to the Lord for the opportunity He gave me and for the people I met - 2 of which have become very good friends and have helped me through this depressing and trying time.  They have encouraged me and made me laugh so hard I've cried!  In January, I will be going to school (yes, again).  Who knew that I would need to change career fields at age 56?  Well, God knew.

I've not spent a lot of time on the computer, but more time reading and relaxing and soul searching.  I debated on whether or not to change the format of this blog or just end it entirely.  The Lord, in His time, would let me know.

This morning saw an article on how the dead communicate with us and the hair on the back of my neck stood up!  I tried to just walk away, but the power of GOD (not the dead) held me fast in my seat and reminded me of today's verses.  Therefore...

Our loved ones do not come to us through animals, they do not place objects in our path, they don't 'make' certain songs come on the radio at just the right time, make buzzing noises near our ears and they most assuredly do not put thoughts in our heads.  

God comforts us in our time of need.  To give credence to anyone or anything other than God for our blessings, is to encourage Satan to continue to deceive you.  We know from the Bible that once we have died, we go to one of two places: heaven or hell.  We know the story in Luke 16 in which the rich man asks that the poor man be sent to warn his brothers who were still living.  We know that NO ONE returns to tell us anything.  

Once again, God comforts us.  That peaceful feeling we sometimes encounter may be the presence of an angel, or of Jesus.  Thoughts that flow through our brains are often memories coming to the surface.  They are NOT spending their days concerned with contacting us - they are spending it in one of two places - in the presence of God or in the fires of hell.  There is no pain in heaven, so therefore, seeing us struggle, do wrong, make mistakes, i.e., sin - would be painful.  

Perhaps those 'encounters' are just God trying to get your attention.  Are you strong enough and brave enough to walk with Him as opposed to the enemy?