Friday, January 11, 2013

~ "This little light of mine..."

Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me. (John 14:1)
 

Applying the "basic knowledge" of John 14:1 sounds easy enough.  There are days when all we can do is trust in God because there is no other help available to us.  That's not a bad thing.  Our heavenly father wants us to trust in him!
 
There are many things in life that "trouble" us.  Right now, for me, as always,  it's finances.  Will I have enough money to pay the bills, will I have enough money to buy food, will I have enough money...you get the idea.  When you get to a point where you don't expect anyone else to pick up the pieces and "bail you out", that's when the Lord lays grace upon you.  In my heart I know that there will always be enough for me to survive.  My brain has a totally different take on the matter.  That is when I have to rely on my faith!  God did not bring me this far to just leave me here to fend for myself.  He will provide whatever it is I need.  He always does. 
 
Sometimes we forget how we got to where we are.  Many of us didn't get here easily, but we all got here the same way - by God's design.  Believing in God came easy for me ~ just as he always was and always will be, so is my belief in him!  He has always been a part of my life!  I have not always acknowledge him, nor have I always worshiped him. There are days that I have a hard time following the routine that includes quality time with him.  He remains by my side just the same.  When Jesus spoke these words to his disciples, they were so confused over the thought of his death, they stumbled. He told them to believe in him as they believed in God; to trust him even if they did not understand. He asks the same of us!  
 
Don't let the disappointments of this world trouble your heart!  Everything will work out according to God's plan for you.  Continue to pray, even if you can't find yourself on the blueprints.  He knows where you are, and chances are you are right where you are supposed to be!  We no longer wander around in the dark - we have a brilliant light guiding us each and every step of our journey ~ so let it shine!!!