Sunday, January 6, 2013

~ "I Surrender..."

"I Surrender" ~ Hillsong


Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall. (Ps 35:8)

My "traffic light", the one that I use to calibrate my mouth, is set to red.  Some days we need to apply the brakes and wait on the Lord.  Some days life just dumps more on our plate than we are able to handle without stopping to assess our situation.  When we go into the world on a "green light" before being prepared, we often meet with disaster.  We need to be fully prepared and in the proper frame of mind so that we are not blindsided by the unexpected.  When we aren't prepared, we fall prey to the enemy.  

David knew anger.  He knew hurt.  He knew the feeling of wanting justice.  He knew pain.  His songs/psalms reveal real human emotion.  He talked...God listened.  He surrendered.  

God often allows situations that we cannot understand to cross our path.  He has prepared us for what we will be facing.  The preparation is the same in every situation...we go to HIM.  We surrender.  

In the face of danger, my God stands before me. In the shadow of doubt, my God illuminates the darkness. In the torments I face throughout my life, my God comforts me. He is powerful, He is mighty, He is forever true! My God has no limits, has no weaknesses and has no fear!  I surrender...