Tuesday, April 16, 2013

~ "Running in place..."

Boston Skyline
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. (John 13:34)

Today's post started out in "Numbers", then "Genesis" and a few other places -- the greatest command given us by Jesus I found in the Gospel of John...love one another as I have loved you!

As I scrolled through my friends "status lines" on Facebook last night, the one that touched my heart most was that of my niece: "Eleven years go by and you think you're fine, that despite profound loss you came out unscathed. Then you see the explosion...the smoke...people falling, running, screaming and you realize you're a lot less ok then you previously thought."

Reality has a way of catching up with people.  We witness, far too often, the anger and hatred of others.  We build cities we believe impervious; we don't think it will ever happen again; we watch in disbelief as part of our world crashes to the ground.  We ask for prayers for those affected by a tragedy.  

Pray for all people at all times - not just when tragedy strikes.  Love all people at all times - not just when the mood strikes you.  Lift your voices in praise of the Father for all things at all times!  Remember, the greatest commandment of all is to love another as Jesus loved you!  Let go of the anger and the hate and fill your hearts and souls with nothing but love!  Pray for the victims and their families -- let God worry about the justice!