Wednesday, April 10, 2013

~ "Homecoming..."

Rachel and Tim
Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. (Isaiah 60:4)
I could go into all the theological explanations behind this verse, but today, it's about homecoming, love and family.  Sometimes it is just that simple.

I belong to a family that has foundation firmly planted in faith.  I have been a part of this family for over 16 years.  I have shared laughter and tears with them.  I have witnessed births and deaths with them.  I have experienced joy and sorrow with them.  They know very well that God always has a plan and even though it may not be our plan, it is His plan and it is good.

This Saturday, we will be celebrating the union of two very special people - Rachel and Bill.  With family coming in from all over the country, there will be tears of joy and laughter.  As I sat at the rehearsal on Sunday night, I was sad thinking that there was one member of the family who would be unable to attend...not if you trust in God!  The bride received her best wedding present yesterday when her brother, who is currently serving in the Navy and is stationed in Japan, walked through her front door!

I know the joy I felt when I knew for sure he was home - I can only imagine the joy felt by his mom, dad, sisters, brother and brothers-in-law.  Imagining that, I catch a glimpse of my own homecoming - the day I walk into the Kingdom and see my Lord!  There is nothing greater!

Take the time to honor the Lord.  Celebrate the joys and sorrows equally.  He has a plan for you that reaches far beyond the boundaries of your mind.  Have faith - He knows!!!