Monday, February 18, 2013

~ "Bless the beasts and the children..."

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Gen 1:28)

It doesn't seem as though a year has passed since I took our black lab to the vet one last time.  In this past year, there have been a lot of changes.  Life moved forward, as it always does.  My beagles, as I, adjusted to life without "Sammy".  Yet, in the midst of change, there would come more change.  

We never know what path our Lord will lead us down.  That is where our faith comes in.  I was content at my job (not the "perfect" job, but one that paid most of the bills and allowed me to be somewhat self-sufficient).  Financially, things started to turn around with a long overdue settlement going in my favor.  Then, an email from my daughter-in-law that literally changed my life. God's perfect plan, once again!

God often has the same goal in mind for us that we have, however, his timing is generally not the same as ours.  The events that occur, the choreography of his design, bring about a beautiful ballet that we are a part of.  I did not know that  a year later I would be using all the talents and abilities he had given me to comfort others going through that same loss., among other things.

God tells us that we have dominion over "every living thing" - dogs included.  I was blessed simply by her presence in my life. The same holds true for Lilo and Stitch (yes, I know).  Now, there is a new member to the pack - an adorable yellow lab named "Bella" - and she IS beautiful!  She does not look like Sammy, nor was she a replacement for her.  She is as unique and individual as any dog could be.  

I know my Father in Heaven is pleased.  I have succeeded in doing what I was called to do in Genesis 1:28.