Monday, May 16, 2011

~ "It's not ending yet..."


But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. (2 Peter 3:10)

It's been brought to my attention that of late, I have been focused on Jesus' second coming. No, I do not have an inside "scoop" on when it will happen. No one does. I do not put any stock in the Mayans, nor do I believe the world will end in the next few days. It could - but it's highly unlikely, as all that is prophesied in Revelation has not yet come to pass. It is my belief that only when all the scripture has been fulfilled, will God's mighty hand end life on this planet as we know it.

In this verse (and a few others), we are reminded that we will not know when. If we knew when, we would have the opportunity to get our lives in order. We could take our time. That's not what God wants from us. He wants us to always be ready. He doesn't want us to scramble at the last possible minute. He wants us now! The "world will end tomorrow" banner has been being flown since I was in single digits. I remember the first time I heard that possibility. My thoughts were not of readying myself for His coming, but in doing everything I'd never get to do if it did end. I don't worry about the end times. My soul is ready. I am ready.


Live each day to the fullest. Offer God your praises and prayers. Don't be ashamed or embarrassed to be a follower. Examine your heart...if it's not right with God, then make it right! After all, the end of the world for you could be an hour from now. We don't know when our time is up, any more than we know when the end of the world will come. I'm looking forward to writing my post on 12/13/12...the day AFTER the world is supposed to end! I'm sure God will have a boat-load of "I told you so's" for me to write!!!

As Peter, Matthew (Matt 24:42) and Paul (1 Thes 5:2) tell us - Jesus in His return will come "like a thief in the night". We do not know when. Guard your greatest possession against the enemy - that is, your soul! Prepare for that night, whenever it comes, but don't stop living because of it. That is not what our Heavenly Father wants from us! He's given us great gifts...share them, use them, enjoy them! He is coming back, just as He said He would...be prepared!

(today's photo was attached to an article dated 9/1/08 which was titled "The End of the World in Nine Days")