Monday, January 5, 2015

~ "Comforting words..."

Are God's consolations not enough for you, words spoken gently to you? (Job 15:11)

When we are hurting, sometimes the "comforting words of others" can be more of a hinderance than a help. People often do not understand the situation, or they believe that "you shouldn't be that upset over it". Not everyone reacts to the same situation in the same way. Our reactions are as individual as we are. And is there nothing more devastating than hearing the words "is that all" with regard to our plight???

We all have the "know-it-all" friend who has all the answers. I have several. I learned a long time ago that if I don't involved them in my problem, they have no input. I also have a few friends that never judge or ridicule me because of what I see as "traumatic". They offer support and remind me that there just may be a divine reason for the place I'm in. Sometimes all we want to hear from someone is "I understand", and sometimes we don't want to hear anything at all - we just need to share it.

God has a reason for the path we are on. He adjusts our journey with every step we take. We ask "why me". It's okay to do so ~ even Jesus asked "why". Maybe God has no desire to teach "them" anything. Maybe they wouldn't listen if he did. If we are still and listen, we WILL hear his comforting words, we WILL feel his arms as they wrap around us. Remember, we are his! Our souls are comforted by his promise to us, but sometimes our human "dust infused" minds can only grasp the realm of the earthly distractions that torment us. It doesn't mean we've been forgotten or left behind - it's just all part of being human!

Even though we are not worthy of the gifts we receive, we are continually blessed and cared for. Our lives may not be the "shining examples" we would like them to be, but we are, none the less, redeemed!!!